Monday, July 11, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Skies the Limit

When I saw that this week's theme was "skies the limit", I immediately thought I needed a cool sky-related shot. But I just wasn't inspired by that. Then I ran across these pictures that I took at Sea World recently and I really thought they fit the theme perfectly. I am always in awe that these HUGE whales can do the acrobatics that they do in the shows. It really blows me away. I'm also still totally in awe of the little baby whale even though she's growing up so quickly (much like my own babies...sniff). Anyway, here are my 3 favorite shots from the show that day. I know one is really less than ideal, but when baby jumped, the lighting was just darker and it was more imortant to catch the moment. Now if only I had brought my 70-200 that day. Oh well! You can only juggle so much gear with the kiddos in tow.






6 comments:

  1. I only see two pictures?

    Fantastic! The colors and lighting and the moment of them in the air--stunning! I don't know what you can do in the edits?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see three. Love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cool shots - I can't hardly wait for the edits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! I really like these sooc and don't think that one is too dark at all! I think it makes the whales pop even more from the crowds/water. :) And that bit of purple lighting pops which I think we would have missed had they been "normal" exposure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shots are so neat! I love how you really froze the action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW nice capture of the moment, yea the baby is a bit dark, but you can level that out ;) Ahh to have the 70 lens.

    ReplyDelete