Thursday, May 12, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Mother's Day Edit

It's Thursday, and that means time to post edited versions of the SOOC shots from earlier in the week for the Shoot & Edit challenge. This weeks's theme was Mother's Day and the editing tip for the week was about using gradient maps. I've got to say, I'm not a huge fan of gradient maps, but I did play with them and I can see where they would be cool for some shots. I ended up not using a gradient map on the family shot because I just couldn't get it to do anything I liked. However, for the flower shot I went crazy. I used a gradient map, a gradient fill and two textures. Yep, it's feast or famine with me today. Here are my SOOC shots and the edits.





4 comments:

  1. I really like what you've done with both of them - love how you've experimented on these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That family shot is just so nice! Great edit! It can be fun to experiment! Lovely flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your edits!! Gradient maps are fun. I you can create your own and save them for hue and light adjustments. And of course I'm sucker for textures and yours looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet family photo. I love your edit and especially the crop!

    ReplyDelete