This photo depicts the way I often feel when looking at my oldest daughter...like I'm looking in a mirror. We have the same big brown eyes and she has my childhood haircolor (which I've tried to preserve through highlighting). But our similarities go much deeper than that. We approach life in much the same way and we clash most often because we are too much alike. I do hope that I can help her to avoid some of my mistakes and to model my successes, but mostly I want her to celebrate the wonderful unique little lady that she is, in spite of the fact that she is my mirror image.
Monday, May 9, 2011
I Heart Faces: Motherhood
I Heart Faces is hosting the first of what I am sure will be many "motherhood" themed challenges this week. So, I decided to practice a little using my timer setting to see if I could capture a few mother/daughter moments. It's not often I actually get to be in the pictures and maybe if I get better at this sort of thing I can continue to include myself in the girls' scrapbooks. Ha!
This photo depicts the way I often feel when looking at my oldest daughter...like I'm looking in a mirror. We have the same big brown eyes and she has my childhood haircolor (which I've tried to preserve through highlighting). But our similarities go much deeper than that. We approach life in much the same way and we clash most often because we are too much alike. I do hope that I can help her to avoid some of my mistakes and to model my successes, but mostly I want her to celebrate the wonderful unique little lady that she is, in spite of the fact that she is my mirror image.
This photo depicts the way I often feel when looking at my oldest daughter...like I'm looking in a mirror. We have the same big brown eyes and she has my childhood haircolor (which I've tried to preserve through highlighting). But our similarities go much deeper than that. We approach life in much the same way and we clash most often because we are too much alike. I do hope that I can help her to avoid some of my mistakes and to model my successes, but mostly I want her to celebrate the wonderful unique little lady that she is, in spite of the fact that she is my mirror image.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Adorable! I love the matching ponytails, that really brings it home. The girls expression is so sweet. :) Nice moment!
ReplyDeleteLove the ponytails!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot! I hope someday I will have a daughter to share all these special moments with :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this Donna! Beautifully done and you two are like looking in a mirror!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful :) I noticed the haircolor similarities right away :)
ReplyDeleteTwo mirrors, two lives, connected. very sweet shot.
ReplyDeleteWow!You two look so much alike! That is awesome! Cute pose. :)
ReplyDeletePatty cakes how much fun love this shot
ReplyDeleteLOL! That is cute : ) Our children are our best mirrors and show us our strengths and weaknesses the best.
ReplyDelete