In my original edit, which I did because I was entering the photo in other heart contests this week, I did my ACR adjustments, reduced noise, ran the high pass with soft light, adjusted only the main level and then ran Pioneer Woman's Lovely action.
After reading Ashley's post, I kept my first 3 steps, adjusted all of the levels (although this photo didn't need much tweaking on each color) and then I added a soft pink fill layer with soft light blend and a soft pink fill layer with screen blending mode. Oh! And I used the layer mask to take the pink off of her face and hand.
What are your thoughts about the different versions? Is there anything you would have tried that's different? I'd love your input!!!!

I think I still like your original edit...I think the pink overlays may wash your little one out. Either way, you've learned something new! :)
ReplyDeleteThe original edit is super sweet!
ReplyDeleteOriginal edit is perfect!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! I liked the original one too, but I've never played with color fills and it was fun to try it out. I think it would be great on specific images, but not on everything. Thanks Ashley and Jill for all of your amazing information!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDonna, I love the original edit too! I have been meaning to check out this new challenge. I read through all of the tutorials and it sounds great! I'm going to try to link up next week!
ReplyDeleteI really like the original edit too, but totally get it about experimenting with fill layers (I never even knew what one was until last week!)
ReplyDeleteYour edit is perfect. And your daughter? She is just as lovely as can be. What a beautiful picture.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely photo. That smile! Love the original edit.
ReplyDelete