Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Winter

So, there's a new photo challenge this week called "Good to Wow." I'm intrigued, mostly because I need to learn more about editing. The deal is that we post our SOOC (straight out of the camera) shots by Wednesday over at Forever N Always Photography. Then, starting on Thursday, we can post our edited versions at Ashley Sisk's website Ramblings & Photos. Along the way we will get tips on taking and editing photos from both of these amazing people.

So, here it is...my first SOOC shot for the challenge. Since we don't get the fun snow and icicles here in Texas (at least not this far south), I had to improvise. This is a shot of my girls in their warm, fuzzy pj's reading their bedtime story with Daddy. Awwwww....tough shot to get with low light yet wanting to maintain an intimate sort of atmosphere. Not sure I captured it well, but maybe I can get some tips from Ashley that will help me make it better. Let the fun begin!


4 comments:

  1. You've captured such a beautiful moment! Love it! I can't wait to see your edit on Thursday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww - what a precious moment. i love times like this!!!! i always miss them because i'm putting the girls to bed while my husband does the boys!

    so glad you are joining in!

    blessings,
    jill
    http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a sweet moment to begin with - that's the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may have been a tough shot - but you captured a great memory that will be treasured! Love it!

    ReplyDelete